Quantum yoga therefore acknowledges Ayurveda, vinyasa, ujjayi breathing and the application of the bandhas to form an optimal sequence for that individual. This sequence is designed through grouping sets of asanas "postures" into ten groups. These ten groups are
1) sublimatio whereby we invite the practise into ourselves and warm up our bodies,
2) dynamic flow, where we heat up the body primarily through our suryanmaskaras "sun salutations,"
3) standing poses, where we work on strength and stability,
4) standing and arm balances, where we work on strength and balancing,
5) floor work, involving deep stretching once warmed up,
6) abdominals, strengthening the core,
7) back bends, opening up the heart region,
8) Inversions, such as head stand,
9) relaxation and
This framework gives the Quantum yogi enough flexibility and guidance to form the ideal personalised practise.
We hope you enjoy our Quantum yoga classes, you can read more about Quantum yoga from our book in our library. You can also purchase DVDs from our shop.